Because evolution is unitary.
Unitary Fund is a non-profit working to create a quantum technology ecosystem that benefits the most people.
Unitary Fund 2020 Annual Report
18 January, 2021
To the Unitary Fund community,While 2020 was a challenging year in many ways, we're glad of the progress that we made helping the quantum tech ecosystem grow faster, better, and to the benefit of more people.
As reviewed in our 2020 annual report, last year:
- We supported 20 more projects with microgrants, spanning from software to education and new community development.
- We set up our advisory board with 15 amazing volunteers that review and mentor our projects
- We created Unitary Fund’s technical team, hiring six top experts in open-source quantum software.
- We built and released Mitiq, the world’s first error-mitigating quantum compiler. It is now integrated with most existing frameworks and already used for two research papers.
- With QOSF, we launched the Wittek Prize for open source software
- We launched our discord and quantum software seminar
- QuTiP became our first affiliated project, and we helped support it's new governance model
How can you help? Help spread the word about Unitary Fund and our microgrant program to new communities across the world. We could especially use help reaching out to communities that are typically underrepresented in quantum technology.
We're always happy to receive feedback on our programs or to answer questions. Send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Thanks to all of you for your commitment, excitement, and support.
Looking forward to 2021!
-Will and the Unitary Fund Team