Because evolution is unitary.
Unitary Fund is a non-profit working to create a quantum technology ecosystem that benefits the most people.
Communications and Marketing (part-time)
Unitary Fund is a 501(c)(3) non-profit working to create a quantum technology ecosystem that benefits the most people. We run a grant program to support new open source quantum tech, and we fund our own research on key projects for the ecosystem.
We’re hiring for a part-time marketing and communications role on our team.
This opening is a rare opportunity to contribute to the developing quantum technology ecosystem. Given the breadth of Unitary Fund’s work, the person who will succeed in this role will contribute to marketing materials and campaigns that help us promote our mission, and collect feedback from the community to help us do more. This role encompasses work across multiple aspects of the organization (microgrants and Unitary Labs) and will require a strongly organized individual to surface priorities, triage needs, communicate continuously, and know when to ask for help. This position will work closely with the operations and community leadership.
This is a part-time role, likely 8-12 hours per week, however we are open to discussing what works for the right candidate.
Unitary Fund is a fully remote team and this role is also remote.
- Assist in marketing and advertising promotional activities (e.g. social media, direct mail, and web)
- Write copy for blog and social media posts.
- Help create digital content/assets for posts and videos.
- Developing tools and methods for collecting data such as surveys, opinion polls or questionnaires
- Monitor social media platforms for trending news, ideas, and feedback
- Design and implement new marketing campaigns/strategies based on identified needs.
Tell the Unitary Fund story
- Prepare promotional presentations
- Spotlight our community of microgrant projects
- Help host and prepare for community and marketing events, e.g. talks, hackathons, etc.
WORK HOURS & BENEFITS
- Part Time - We anticipate this workload will be fulfilled with 8-12 hours per week, however we are open to discussing what works for the right candidate.
- Flexible Hours - We are happy to accommodate complex schedules or limitations, and care more about the work getting done than the times you’re sitting at your computer.
- Alignment - Being a small team, we will be seeking a collaborator who aligns with our culture, we would love for it to be a delight to work together.
- Whole Self - Our team is made up of smart, caring humans who take time to know one another personally and cater to individual needs or perspectives.
- Remote - We work remotely, across many time zones. Our team is US Pacific, US Eastern, and Central European Time.
- International - We work globally with many cultures and institutions.
SKILLS & QUALIFICATIONS
We will expect you have 2+ years of paid or voluntary experience with:
- Copy writing and editing
- Familiarity with social media platforms (mainly Twitter and LinkedIn)
- Experience with content creation, like writing blog posts or newsletters.
- Basic project management
- Organizing people / groups
- Excellent communication skills and proven teamwork experience
We will be delighted if you also have any of the following skills or experience:
- Discord administration
- Video editing or streaming
- Experience with Airtable/Asana/Trello style project management tools
- Familiarity with version control using git
- Familiarity with social media strategies
- Experience with Google analytics/SEO optimization
- Web front-end design
- Scientific training or having worked in a scientific industry
- Software development skills, especially in open source software
- Passion for quantum technology
You can apply for this position here.
Unitary Fund is committed to creating a diverse environment. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.