Because evolution is unitary.
Unitary Fund is a non-profit working to create a quantum technology ecosystem that benefits the most people.
Chief of Staff (full-time role preferred)
Unitary Fund is a 501(c)(3) non-profit working to create a quantum technology ecosystem that benefits the most people. We run a grant program to support new open source quantum tech, and we fund our own research on key projects for the ecosystem.
This opening is a rare opportunity to help run a new type of research non-profit and contribute to the developing quantum technology ecosystem.
We’re looking for a proactive generalist who can contribute and learn across the organization. They will work directly with the President and the CTO to manage and scale processes and projects. Examples can include scaling our microgrant process, raising funds from new supporters, managing our bounty programs and hackathons, bringing on new partner organizations and new geographies, contracting a new website build, and other special projects.
This role encompasses work across multiple aspects of the organization (microgrants and Unitary Labs) and will require a strongly organized individual to surface priorities, triage needs, communicate continuously, and know when to ask for help. This position will work closely with Unitary Fund leadership and have opportunities to develop their own leadership as well. We are looking for someone excited to take ownership of the projects that they work on.Applications are closed at this time.
- Help leaders identify priorities, strategically align his/her time with those, and revisit them regularly to assess progress.
- Act as a key thought partner, brainstorming & identifying solutions to challenges.
Microgrant Process Development
- Proposing and implementing changes to our microgrant program to improve efficiency and effectiveness.
Correspondence & Scheduling
- Support correspondence and scheduling for team members as requested, including working to find openings in busy calendars, sending reminders and notetaking for important meetings.
Bill pay & Bookkeeping
- Monthly bill-pay, make payments, file invoices.
- Collaborate with accountants on reconciliation for their monthly reports as well as reporting on our research grants.
HR & Compliance
- Maintaining compliance by researching if our practices are compliant when requested, and read news updates on law changes which may affect our organisation. Compliance includes keeping up with the requests from our payroll provider Gusto, e.g. healthcare, IRS filing, or insurance deadlines.
Note Taking, Editing & Community Support
- Support on projects as requested, e.g. taking minutes in a microgrant review meeting, or researching background information on a topic, or helping to organize our online files for a program of work.
Marketing and Communications
- Support external communications administration, e.g. helping edit and sending planned newsletters, editing documents such as reports, announcements on social media.
WORK HOURS & BENEFITS
- Time - We prefer full time candidates for this role, however we are open to discussing what works for the right candidate.
- Flexible Hours - We are happy to accommodate complex schedules or limitations, and care more about the work getting done than the times you’re sitting at your computer.
- Alignment - Being a small team, we will be seeking a collaborator who aligns with our culture, we would love for it to be a delight to work together.
- Whole Self - Our team is made up of smart, caring humans who take time to know one another personally and cater to individual needs or perspectives.
- Remote - We work remotely, across many time zones. Our team is US Pacific, US Eastern, and Central European Time.
- International - We work globally with many cultures and institutions.
- (For US employees) - Full 401k plan and healthcare benefits.
SKILLS & QUALIFICATIONS
We will expect you have 2+ years of paid or voluntary experience relevant to:
- Project management
- Organizing people / groups
- Managing meeting schedules
- Nonprofit bookkeeping or receipt reconciliation
We will be delighted if you also have any of the following skills or experience:
- Copy writing and editing
- Social media management
- Nonprofit fundraising administration
- Scientific training or having worked in a scientific industry
- Software development skills, especially in open source software
- Passion for quantum technology
Unitary Fund is committed to creating a diverse environment. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.